It's crazy, but Christmas is only 12 weeks away! If you're like most of us, the downhill run after September passes in a blur of busyness and before you know it, the silly season is upon us with little time to complete the numerous tasks on the To-do list! We say, get organised this year and get your home ready for guests early, allowing you time to enjoy a glass of bubbles (or two!) with your loved ones.
Are there any major works to be done - such as painting or updating carpets, etc? Do not delay on these as suppliers are already sending out their cut-off dates for pre-Christmas installations.
What about furniture and furnishings? Is the sofa looking sad? If anything needs to be replaced or updated, get cracking. For soft furnishings, bespoke feature cushions are a fabulous and easy way of updating the style in the room. Contact us if you would like to see a selection of fabrics to create a fresh new palette or if you require some new furniture pieces. It’s amazing the difference even a small refresh of furnishings can make.
Don't forget garden jobs and your outdoor living areas. Is your outdoor furniture ready to stand up for the onslaught of visitors? Refreshing your outdoor cushions might be on the cards. Re-potting outdoor plants is a nice way to update the space with some standout new pots.
As for the house, well obviously a good spring clean will be in order. Don't panic, if you're not up to it yourself, there are many professionals available to assist!
For getting your guest bedroom up to scratch, here are a few handy hints to get you started -
• Move out all the clutter that often accumulates in the 'spare' room and take the time to do a spring clean - throw or donate any unwanted items (now is the time to let it go!).
• Ensure there is space for guests to hang clothes and store their suitcase
• Some luxe linen sheets would be a delightful addition – we have some fabulous suppliers! An update to feature cushions is also a great way to bring in a new colour palette and refresh the room. If you’ve left it too late for bespoke, we have some beautiful suppliers with ready-made cushions in every style, pattern and colour you could imagine.
• A bedside table with a reading lamp and some new mags or latest novels is a lovely thought. Add in a little vase of flowers for when guests arrive. Pretty ceramics from local artisans make a lovely feature. We love Kim Wallace and Elke Lucas
• Bath towels are an essential of course, but a lovely beach towel/s for guests to use is a nice addition
• Is there a dedicated guest bathroom? Apart from a thorough clean, make the room pretty - add in some natural body products and soap in nice canisters for guests to enjoy, include a delicious scented candle and a vibrant potted plant to add some life to the room. Don’t forget a big soft bathmat for guests to sink their toes into.
Get these jobs ticked off early and feel serene and calm when your guests arrive, knowing all is ready for them to enjoy! If you need assistance with new furnishings, furniture or larger jobs, please contact us today.